Monday, July 19, 2010

Not Your Average Rice Pudding..

This little number is my newest creation in plated desserts. It is indeed rice pudding, but with some twists. That cute little bowl its in is actually Florentine dough, and the sauce its sitting in is vanilla bean cream angelise with curry-lime caramel sauce. The rice pudding began its flavoring with the boiling of the rice, I threw in some star anise and sticks of cinnamon. After all that bathing, the custard was flavored with cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, and raspberry extract. It smelt amazing, sadly I did not taste it due to my own non-liking rice puddings. But the plate looks beautiful and I've a very proud patisserie and baking student testing the waters in my class. Soon will be lavender-oil, rose petal, and honey creme brulee. Oh la douceur de vivre!


No comments:

Post a Comment