Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baked.

Lately, I've been stuck at home with a million baking ideas. So I baked them! I went out and got some puff pastry; store bought..I know, bad. Anywho, and I baked some palmiers. Those were my favorite things I did in school and love baking them. They are so sweet and crunchy and just all around delicious. My fiance loves it when I bake some up because he will consume about half of the batch. Here are the palmiers: they were so good :)


Next, I baked some champagne cupcakes. I've been waiting to try this for a long time and finally got the nerve to do it. I used a Spumante Sparkling Wine, the Moscato was all gone :( but I have tried two different recipes, and while both were good I prefered the second one I tried and those are the ones I have photos of. I also ran out of cupcake liners so I cut my parchment paper into squares and made my own liners, which I'm in love with much more than oridnary liners. The cupcakes are light and airy and so delicious. The champagne is subtle, but the flavor is still there. I love these little bites of yum and so does my fiance. Lets just say they won't be in the kitchen for long!
Champagne Cupcakes:




No comments:

Post a Comment